Paint Booth Ready For Service
First, the plan called for an enclosed chamber with a connection to the paint booth duct on the interior panel and a louvered vent on the exterior panel.
The exterior panel design was changed, with the center being left open for the entire width and height of the chamber. This was done to allow for better ventilation and dilution of the contaminated air.
Another design change was to the top of the panel. Instead of having the top a single panel that tucked behind the window, a channel was created that would cradle the bottom of the lowered window, creating a more secure and air-tight fit.
A late modification to both the paint booth and the window exhaust panel was the addition of stainless steel handles to assist with movement of the items as their size makes them a bit cumbersome.
The next series of images show what the window exhaust panel looks like from the outside. You can notice the change in position of the center louvers when the paint booth fan is turned on.
In addition I nailed two pieces of snap-track to two separate scrap MDF strips for models to sit on during the painting process. These track panels will allow the painted models to be removed from the paint booth without having to be touched. In order to help secure the models during the painting process I used crazy glue to lock one axle on each of the four "shop-trucks" that I put under the models. This is essentially like securing the equipment with a hand brake as I do not want free-rolling equipment on the turntable during painting.
I hope to be able to share many great projects that will come form this paint booth!